This afternoon on the way home from school, Ian began telling me about all the bones in his body. Apparently they are learning about the human body and bones in science, and he seems to have learned well. He listed the clavicle and radius, all the way down to the patella and phalanges. It was quite impressive. After almost a solid 15 minutes of his explanations and naming of bones I said, "Wow!!! That is really something. You know a lot about bones! Have you enjoyed learning about the human body?" To which Ian replied, "Well, not really. We just learn about it all the time in Science and I really just want to learn about something else in Science." I saw this as an opportunity to find out what he was interested in, and maybe do some fun learning on the side. So I asked, "Well, what do you want to learn about?" "Well," Ian said, "I don't really know what I want to learn about. I just really want to blow some things up in Science." Which is the point at which I burst out laughing and tried to decide whether to warn his Science teacher or not. ;)
Sarah's Harry Potter Birthday Party
12 years ago

3 rays of sunshine:
Love it! And don't have him talk to Ben about blowing stuff up. He has a little bit TOO MUCH experience in that department... :) Gotta love boys.
Ha Ha! Do you think a little baking soda and vinegar would be explosive enough for him? :) Boys are such a different ballgame!
Hilarious! Such a boy thing to say! Miss that cute boy of yours. ♥
Post a Comment